4/14/2013

#SummerKomikon

Pwede mag-fangirl muna?

I am not as addict as those aspiring artists and cartoonist who are very enthusiastic in attending Comic Conventions, but Pinoy Komikon is very close to my heart, even I only attended it - twice. (Yeah, ironic. I know :P) 

My first komikon ever is 2012 Summer, where Trese Komiks is in rave, and there is a cult following the stories of those Mysterious murders. Book lovers and book bloggers recommended Alexandra Trese to me and yeah, I bought the series. Malapit sa puso kasi!
Budjette and KaJo's autographs

And I went there to support Kwentillion, where my friend is a contributor to the Magazine. :)
Ella and Kwentillion Magazine
2012 Summer Komikon was with my friends from The Filipino Group, and with them who embraced me with their fanaticism, I was sold and promised to attend the next year's event.
Memories of 2012 Summer Komikon: (from left to right) Rollie, Charles, Ella, Jayson, Tina

AND SO IT WAS.

The same wave of fanaticism from last year became viral, even known to the new book club in Goodreads - Pinoy Reads Pinoy Books. Full of kids who are first timers, I shared them my excitement and enthusiam to be with Komikeros even for a short while, to be able to talk to them and share your love with them, and to finally gather all fanatics together and just fangirl all day long! Too bad we were not able to take pictures of the whole day activity, but at least we met and bonded together and be merry in all those happy-nings.

Pinoy readers and fanatics: Miggy, Arbin, Reev, Phoebe, Ella, Clai
The advantage of my profession being a vampire accountant is being able to arrive in the venue earlier than usual, and became one of the first 100 attendees with freebies and loot bag. :)

And with the early visit, early fan to be with the Komikero Manix Abrera. :)
Komikero Manix: The creator of KikoMachine Comic Series. He has the compilation of strips spanning nine volumes, a silent comic named 12, and News Hardcore. He's able to keep memories of his college life, of being with media, and even his short and sweet stories of everyday life. He's plain awesome


Ella and Komikero Manix

Finally, all of my old komiks have been signed. Yay! Trese Series, Underpass Komiks, SkyWorld, Where Bold Stars Go To Die, SkyWorld volumes 1 and 2, and even the indie komiks Crime Fighting Call Center Agents. (Actually, it was an insta-friend named Misa who recommended the series to me, sayang, hindi ako nakapagpapicture sa kanya). 

I enjoyed the event whole day~ But yeah, before we went to the afternoon activity we had a quick lunch outside and took some pictures.
Perstaymers sila: Diane, Clare, Ella (secondtaymer), Jane

Perstaymers: Vanessa, Cheska, Ivy, John

Perstaymers with enthusiasts: Ara, Ayban (expert), Jayson (expert), Phoebe, Clai, Arbin, Miggy
Expert: Jayson got a variety of indie-komiks, from School Run series to Urban Animal. :)















Ayban and his Araknid Komiks

Geeky Chic: She finally shook hands with the creators of Skyworld (who are totally HOT MEN!) and with the alamat group who created the Underpass Comic anthology. :)


Clare got her Kikomachine Komiks finally signed! 


Ivy joining John and his rave with Alexandra Trese series.
Collector Phoebe finally met Manix, and got all her volumes signed. Siya na! I am sure she's still feeling that cloud 9 feeling of being a fangirl.

Meeting Arbin for the first time in Komikon! Glad you appeared to us and bonded with us, even for a short while. You even carried Miggy along! 


Tres Marias named Vanessa, Cheska, and Ivy met with us too! It was fun seeing them with all those books. Their patience were also tried and tested, as they finally have all those volumes SIGNED! 


Superfan: Isa sa mga nag-aapoy na superfan ang sumugod sa Komikon para mapirmahan ang lahat ng komiks at makipag-usap nang bahagya sa Komikero. At bahagya siyang naloka. Bahagya~ :P

So there you go, at least I can embrace you with the same enthusiasm as I have when I attended these events, and for the next time around you can come and join us, and just fangirl all day.


Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento