12/19/2023

Thanks to Thursdays

Mr. ThursdayMr. Thursday by Emily St. John Mandel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a treat.

It was featured in Future Tense, an anthology of sorts and can be accessed via Slate.com
If you are into a break of reading too many romance, or wattpad, or self-help, this is a good antidote and a palate cleanser.

Last weekend, I was telling bookish friends that I am not yet a completist of Emily St. John Mandel, and I was planning to be one, because she writes easy and yet the subtleties move you (as a reader). And I told them that she can be categorized as a millenial writer like Sally Rooney and Jenkins Reid, the women writers who can be shelved separately as "born in the waning years of the old millenium". The time period in their works assures you that you are part of their generation, regardless of their genres.

I was amazed that she keeps on writing and venturing to scifi/ specfic, rather than her old style of Canadian noir (which feels saturated since Noirs existed before we both were born, lol).

View all my reviews

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento