7/06/2021

Klara, the Persocom outside Japan

Klara and the SunKlara and the Sun by Kazuo Ishiguro
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Chobits + Never Let Me Go vibes.

I wouldn't even realize that AIs also form superstitions like actual humans do. This novel's strong point is the Theatre scene in part four, where all sorts of tensions/friction was intentionally written there, but rather being resolved one by one, it was left there in the open.

Sad bit on the ending though. I was not expecting the ending plot-wise, but dang, that quotable quote Klara said:
There was something very special, but it wasn't inside Josie. It was inside those who loved her. That's why I think now Mr. Capaldi was wrong and I wouldn't hVe succeeded. So I'm glad I decided as I did.


Gosh, Klara. I hope all AIs will be insightful as you are. But sadly, they are only used to throw advertisements and victimize humans by curating the content people want to see, based on their search histories. At this point, it is still better to let the Earth burn before co-mingling with Persocom (or AFs, in Ishiguro's universe).

View all my reviews

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento