12/31/2022

Magazine-ful of Scifi

Clarkesworld Magazine, Issue 121 (Clarkesworld Magazine, #121)Clarkesworld Magazine, Issue 121 by Neil Clarke
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I recently found this online magazine with a full roster of scifi when I was looking for a short story that got featured in Netflix's Love, Death and Robots.

This particular issue tackled about the dangers of AI — and how it touches / lives side-by-side with humanity. I've only read two short stories on this issue, and both houses the themes of us people communicating with these artificial intelligence that we use not only to create bots or automation skills, but also as to how they converse to us in creative ways like letters and poetry.

The other work I read, titled Everyone from Themis Sends Letters Home is a cautionary tale of people traversing an otherworldly terrain, with no beginning or end, no protagonist and no drama. And somehow, there's no scientific documentation about their study, only letters. Little do you know that the very same characters you have seen at the beginning are somewhat AI-generated codes that was a big contributor in a grander landscape. Or scheme, if you tell me.

I am not much a very fan of Scifi that circles around on hard science, so forgive me for a messy book review of sorts. But if it helps, I'd rather recommend other issues of the Magazine as you venture into the adventures that are beyond the contemporary fiction and sagas and what have you.

View all my reviews

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento