3/26/2023

Workshop in a Written form

Kulang na Silya at Iba pang Kuwentong Buhay: Essays on Life and WritingKulang na Silya at Iba pang Kuwentong Buhay: Essays on Life and Writing by Ricky Lee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

PAGKALIPAS NG MAHIGIT NA APAT NA DEKADANG PAGSUSULAT SA PELIKULA, ANO ANG MAIPAPAYO KO SA MGA GUSTONG MAGSULAT?

Mahalaga na maging mahusay kang manunulat pero mas mahalagang maging mabuti kang tao. Your heart has to be big dahil dapat magkasya dito lahat ng tao mula sa pinakamabuti hanggang sa pinakamasama.

I like this little book of essays!

These maybe written in bilingual, but the simple prose and vocabulary makes it understandable to the high school students who really want to take the hard profession of creative writing. When you read these works orally, the cadence is easy-going and alluring to the listeners. I tried reading it in front of the mirror, and I cannot help but in awe to the wisdom that he has put in the pages. Reading the stories are reminiscient of my attendance to the PRPB book discussions with him as we interviewed him about the two books, Para kay B and Lahat ng B.

I guess the one star deduction is the feeling that I got ripped off of my money, because the collection is somehow already been received in form of an oral tale, or by watching a youtube, or a recycled messaging from his social media account. It may also be my impression of the pricing — like I paid ~Php60 for a repeat performance, when the first-time I saw or heard it was only for free.

In a way, it looks like that payment is a pay-forward to those young writers who take him as an inspiration to creatively write, with no inhibitions and hesitations, regardless if you start small or in a simple form. The verbosity and the creativity in writing will develop if you keep writing. And that's his legacy to them and to me, as I aspire to keep that vision— that in less than 20 years, I should be able to build my own writing collection, as long as I keep writing and improving my creative pursuit.

After all, we write because we do not only keep it for posterity, but we also need to record our truths.

View all my reviews

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento