6/23/2012

Moonriver, Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast at Tiffany'sBreakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

It is hard to read Capote's style of writing when it comes to the matronic-reads. Comparing it to his Crime Story, his style is almost the same - descriptive and somehow lacking action words.

But I shall entertain this novel since in the first place, it is a matronic-read. And all the while, I may learn about how Capote writes his stories. :)

The writing style, set in before war-times, doesn't have the transition of chapters. The character is vast with little description. Though the usage of adjectives is adequate, I must say it is a bit hard to put your soul in the story. It maybe my lack of cooperation of my mind to perform the immersion phase. Or maybe the tiring eyes that cannot handle how the writer writes the love element.

Truthfully, the ending was disappointing. Capote hinted it to be open-ended but for clues that I cannot seem to figure out. I am not up for rereading, either. Hmmm.



View all my reviews

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento