5/02/2020

Drinkable Less

LessLess by Andrew Sean Greer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Endearing.

I read this during the country's Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), looking for a work that can take me places. After reading the blurb that the character is embarking on a journey, I thought of joining him, as I go through the pages. Well, the book takes a lot of getting used to. There are times that I fell asleep (and being caught by my mother leaving my kindle open). I am not sure if the Pandemic is behind the loss of focus, but I got bored in some chapters.

After all, I am not good in reading satires.

Less is your lukewarm black coffee. Drinkable, but not as exciting as a steaming hot drink. Perhaps the author made it that way. Maybe it is his way of communicating the sentiments of entering middle age, of being torn, and of being too gay to be added in the Gay Canon.

I feel for Less sometimes, especially his desire to tackle unfamiliarity in his travels (or getting out of the usual tourist spots). He seeks newness in the mediocrity. He looks for a difference in a realm of indifference. He is searching for that lost time, and he is trying to make himself whole, by writing a new novel.

And he did. And with that, he deserves my hug. What a Cinnammon boi, he is. He deserves love.


View all my reviews

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento