3/25/2021

The Last Sunday Class I Remembered

Some side notes — I was trying to locate my Toastmasters Speeches in Facebook Notes from way back 2011 and for some reason, the notes themselves are very elusive. Was the Facebook notes section archived or deactivated? I was not even aware of this shift, really. In the meantime, I shall copy and paste whatever transcript that I can find.

--

(PUP Graduate School MBA, Summer 2011)

It was the last Sunday class for the summer.

I woke up late. Stupid me – staying up late last night doodling stuff at my Facebook profile, keeping myself updated to the social networking world.

I couldn’t think clearly during the breakfast, except for that I am late, and the professor will mock me over and over like he did the previous five Sunday class – good thing that this is the last class with him as my professor.

I grabbed a shirt, grabbed pair of shorts, grabbed the running shoes – as if I am running through time.

It was fortunate moment that my father’s vehicle has gas and the driver is there (which is papa) to drive me to school. It was 7:30.

Written reports not yet printed. Oral Report not memorized. Laptop’s on low battery. Haggard, unfortunate, running.

-think-

I printed first the written reports – one of his requirements. Being the team leader of all the reports assigned to the group, which is I am the team leader for the past five Sundays – I am in charge for the consolidation and for the submission of it. Four reports, like four chapters in a book.

-done printing; time check 8:15-

Looking haggard and felt the unrest spirit in me, I rushed to the comfort room first – to be able to memorize the report that is assigned to our group, which then again, I was the leader. Looking in the mirror, I read all the points in the topic named Project Finance. Telling myself on the face of the mirror that I can deal with him – one last time.

-I can do this, I’m working in the government, so there is NO WAY that he will not ask a SINGLE QUESTION TO ME. I can do this, this is (in a way) relevant to the work. It just so happens that this is not within the job description-

Feeling relaxed while my hands are shaking and my heart is racing (the irony!) I finally went inside the room. Time check 8:30. Literally I am late. I’m late in his watch, as well as with everyone in the class. And with that, I still held my head up high and walked to the seat where my groupmates were. I’m late, I know. But in the mere fact that he’s there, I can’t give in. I would not let him see that I am weak.

-clueless-

What the hell? No Powerpoint presentation? All is on oral report, relaying to everyone not only the portion where you have memorized, but also all about the topic assigned to you. I was furious. I wanted to shout at him, but anyway it doesn’t matter – here’s still the ‘big man’, the star of his stage.

Since we are the second group to report, the first topic being discussed is in a blur. I can’t hear anything clearly. My hearing is impaired, my sight is disoriented, and my feeling is numb. I was nervous and furious at the same time.

The feeling of ‘disorientation’ continues until our oral presentation. I cannot remember what I have discussing to the class, or what are the specific questions that he pinpointed – all I can remember is the intensity of the discussion happened. I am mad on explaining and answering all his queries, and he’s enjoying it. I was making faces at him, and he (apparently) noticed them. I could not elaborate the topics our group has highlighted; however, I know that the class already felt the aura of the battling sides – on my end, as well as on his end.

What I remembered in the intensity of the discussion is his remark – although I was ‘disoriented’ at the moment (I like repeating the word disoriented – it makes me feel a little more idiot than the others, which is a good thing)

"You know class kasi she's good, and you know that she can talk.."

=teary-eyed every time I remember it=

--

Inputted on Facebook Notes last 09 June 2010

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento