12/30/2023

4-Year Old Exchange Gift

Love Poems (Word Cloud Classics)Love Poems by Editors of Canterbury Classics
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I still remember the first time I had this and I was laughing out loud because of its cover in pink and it was a christmas gift from a lover as we celebrated the Christmas day together.

Little did I know that it was a treasure trove of poetry from the old times. My most favorite piece here was Sonnet 43 by Elizabeth Barrett Browning:
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breath and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
I love thee freely, as men strive for right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breadth,
Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


View all my reviews

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento