4/25/2021

#WorldBookDay Spree

Bahay ni MartaBahay ni Marta by Ricky Lee
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is the book I read during my weekend participation with #WorldBookDay in discord. When I saw an invite from Kwesi, I penciled the event in my calendar, making sure that a specific timeslot is free for me to read (or speed-read!)

Ricky Lee's prose is very conversational in Filipino, and very easy to zen in. It was set in Laguna during lenten season, and in a span of less than a week, multiple events unravel. In as early as chapter 2, a striking scene happened. (view spoiler)

I don't rate it as five stars, because of its brevity and quick pacing. At this point in my life, I prefer slower prose and those moments of introspection. wala lang, share. Maybe the younger readers will appreciate manong Ricky Lee's work, especially the evocative moments being delivered in less than two pages.

I'd recommend this work to the college students who wanted to do a book review/analysis of manong Ricky Lee's writings, and how will they differentiate it with his scriptwriting styles.

View all my reviews

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento